Wednesday, July 27, 2005

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf - LOTR

I think defining your life, at times, by wanting to get out and do new and challenging things or develop current friendships and make new ones is great as far as aspirations go. Just be doing it because you want and need to, not because it seems like something you should be doing.

Up until a couple of weeks ago I never wanted or needed to drive a Semi. This last weekend I asked my Mom to teach me how to drive hers next time she is in town. I want to do this now, because it is something I've never done. And opportunity might not knock for very much longer. I may never need to drive one to support myself, but I can be happy with saying I can do it if it ever came up.

Life decides, sometimes, to grab you by the heart strings and tell you it's time to define your life for a while by going out of your way to learn/play/do something new.

I can't help but go with it.


Footnote: This, my first post, is in response to a friend's post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home